Shipping Buttercream Cookies An Experiment in the Works 1

Shipping Buttercream Cookies An Experiment in the Works 2

Seasons Greetings everyone! So I read in the news that an elementary schoolhouse principal banned all things Christmas from the classroom! Seriously, what. the. literal. f*ck? Merry Grinch-mas! Apparently, she sent an internal memo to teachers detailing what was acceptable and unacceptable in the classroom as far as Christmas was concerned. Among them, she banned candy canes because they were shaped like the letter of the alphabet J for Jesus.

But wondering what gave her the correct to determine that her mode of celebrating Christmas was superior over what other people cull to believe and gloat during the holidays. Seriously, who died and left her in accuse of Christmas. Thankfully, she was put on leave and hopefully will resign or be fired!

I'm just going to get out that where it's at and move on. Aside from the fact that I think most of united states, and especially small children, but see candy canes as a slice of peppermint processed associated with Christmas. I'thousand glad I can limited my inventiveness and opinion here on my weblog.  Here at The Kitchen Prescription I'm nevertheless in charge of what is appropriate and inappropriate. I retrieve. And I certainly don't await people to concord with my views. More than chiefly, I respect others' opinions and diversity, even if I may non agree with them. That's how grown rational adults should act.

That existence said, can nosotros talk about another symbolic care for of Christmas? The sugar cookie.  On the Insta & inter webs I see then many beautiful and intricate shapes and patterns of lovely sugar cookies which are truly a work of art! Only affair is, I'm non a fan of royal icing at all. I utilise it but to concur my gingerbread firm together. Other than making a smashing glue, I just don't similar the taste of it.

Shipping Buttercream Cookies An Experiment in the Works 3

Therefore, I'1000 a die hard buttercream girl. Back in the twenty-four hour period before cookie decorating became a fad and and then competitive, you could only slather some colored buttercream on your sugar cookie representative of the cookie and call it a 24-hour interval. Merely not in these times. Cookie decorating is serious business.

And a business it has get. I've always wanted to sell my cookies as a small-scale side business simply I don't call up buttercream saccharide cookies were meant to be shipped. At least not the intricate decorated kind. I've searched loftier an depression on the cyberspace for ideas how to ship buttercream cookies. There were a few instructional blogs and videos on the spider web explaining how to send royal icing cookies but I didn't find whatsoever specific for simply buttercream sugar cookies.

Shipping Buttercream Cookies An Experiment in the Works 4

Not being 1 to give up and welcoming a good claiming, I took some of the tips and decided I'm going to ship some examination packaged sugar cookies to my daughter. I won't waste time going into item now, merely in case they arrive a hot crumbled mess. If they go far intact and she doesn't destroy them trying to get them out of the package I'll share my tips and tricks with y'all.

Other than just wanting to wish you lot all a Happy Holiday season no matter how you gloat, I also wanted to do a quick write up and show off some of my holiday creations. Cookie decorating is time consuming, difficult work, and makes a mess, but it's all worth it when you run into someone bite into one of your cookies and the first thing you hear is "Mmmmmmmm."

I'll report dorsum. If you take whatever specific tips or tricks for shipping buttercream cookies, feel gratis to leave them in the comments.

Related posts: